At Austin Clinic, we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of treatments that address an even wider range of our patients’ skin health and beauty concerns. Two of our most popular, non-surgical treatments are SkinPen and Vivace. Our team members are well-versed in the differences between these two treatments. After this article, you will be too … and better qualified to make an informed decision.
SkinPen: Precision Microneedling for Beautiful Skin
SkinPen is a simple microneedling treatment, a process that creates microscopic channels in the skin to stimulate its natural self-regeneration capabilities. It is a frequently used, and well-trusted tool of aestheticians, and other skincare professionals.
SkinPen works its magic with a three-step process:
- Inflammation – Microneedling pierces and wounds surface skin which triggers a natural immune system response. Don’t worry! This response disinfects the wound, increases blood flow to the area, and removes debris.
- Proliferation – The body also responds to the micro-channels made by the SkinPen by rebuilding with new granulation cells. These cells create the primary type of tissue that heals wounds.
- Dermal Remodelling – Microneedling stimulates the skin to produce new collagen and elastin fibres to help skin stay smooth, tight, and youthful looking.
Vivace: More than Microneedling
Vivace treatment provides next-level care for ageing skin. It uses microneedling as a jumping off place for skin rejuvenation. Less of a treatment and more of an experience, a Vivace session combines microneedling with:
- Dermal Remodelling – Like SkinPen, Vivace uses microneedling to stimulate the skin to produce new collagen and elastin fibres. This helps improve the tone and texture of the skin.
- Radiofrequency Energy – The heat of RF energy warms the tissue to jump-start collagen production in deep skin layers and improve skin laxity.
- LED Light Therapy – This aspect of treatment helps decrease healing time and diminish redness. It also has different programs to help treat different skin concerns.
Comparing SkinPen and Vivace Side-by-Side
Okay. Now you understand the how of these two effective approaches to skin health and beauty. Here’s a table that summarises the key benefits offered by each:
|How it works
|Acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles
|Age spots, sundamage, rosacea, acne & scarring
|No. of Treatments
|Redness, mild swelling
|Redness, mild swelling
SkinPen or Vivace: Which Will Give Me Beautiful Skin Forever?
In a perfect world, a single SkinPen or Vivace treatment would transform your skin, keeping it youthful and wrinkle-free forever. In real life, however, no cosmetic treatment can give you smooth skin forever. Even invasive surgery can’t do that. What Vivace and SkinPen can do is improve the appearance of your skin:
- A trio of Vivace treatments, administered every three to four weeks, can keep skin looking radiant for up to six months, with some downtime required after treatment. Scarring may need more treatments
- For SkinPen, we generally recommend a series of three to six sessions spaced over four to six weeks. Results from SkinPen also last for up to six months. Scarring may need more treatments.
Expert Advice for a Beautiful You
Whatever condition your skin is in, the skin health and beauty experts at Austin Clinic are standing by to help. Turn to us for the guidance you need to pick out the treatments and skincare products best-suited to your goals. Contact us today for a beautiful tomorrow.